Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I have read SO many articles in the last couple days about New Year's Resolutions. News must be slow because every article seems to rant about the same thing: don't make them. I've read the statistics about how most people set the bar too high and are never able to follow through with them.

That doesn't stop me from making them, though.

I have learned not to make resolutions that are majorly life altering and not to make too many resolutions at once. Last year was the first year I made a realistic goal and was able to follow through with my resolution - with the exception of one or two days (there is nobody that can be that perfect.

So what easy resolution did I make last year?

To get dressed every day - even if it's just changing into a different pair of sweats.

You may laugh and think it's a silly resolution, but as a new stay-at-home mom, I found there were days when a shower wasn't even a fluttering thought in my head. And there is nothing worse than hanging on to that extra baby fat in clothes that haven't been changed since you last had to venture into the outside world - two days ago.

I thought about renewing my resolution for this year, except J and I spent the day in our pajamas in celebration of not having anything planned that day. Not a great way to start out a resolution.

I had already decided that completing one month of NaBloPoMo would be a great resolution in hopes of inspiring me to continue blogging more after the month was over. So far, so good.

My only other resolution is to start exercising regularly. I left it pretty vague so I could set my own time limits and mini-goals, and to avoid the too powerful resolution plague. It doesn't mean I have to exercise every day or beat myself up if I miss a day. It would be great to do the recommended average of 30 minutes a day, but I'm not sure I'll get there for a while.

To assist me in my resolution goal setting is our new Wii with the balance board. J and I already played lots this weekend, and I'm looking forward to starting the Wii Fit Plus program tomorrow. If I do well all week, then I may splurge and buy the Jillian Michaels' Ultimatum 2010 next weekend (I am a huge Biggest Loser fan!).

I purposely didn't set my resolution to lose weight in hopes that it will happen and won't be jinxed by the resolution curse. I've got less than 5 months until my wedding and it'd be nice to feel great on one of the best days of my life. Hopefully this fitness resolution will help with that.

-----------------------------

♥ Best Moments of the Day ♥

- Getting my kitchen cleaned for the first time all weekend! With the mixture of friends and cooking projects, it feels like my kitchen has been a disaster lately. I am pretty lucky that J helped with most of the cleaning while I manhandled the kid and assisting with the finishing touches. It feels so nice to go to bed with a clean kitchen!

- Cruising the Farmer's Market for the first time in a while. With a hectic schedule lately, it's been hard to get over to the market for delicious fruits and vegetables. We were originally planning to walk, but the thermometer said 41 degrees and we opted for the car.

- Staying on top of laundry today. No explanation needed. :)

1 comments:

CynthiaK said...

I'm so glad to hear others can appreciate spending the day in pajamas! :)

Post a Comment