Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Buy One, Get What?

I am pretty lucky that not only is my future mother-in-law into photography, but one of my close friends is too. It's like my kid has her own personal paparazzi sometimes. Because of this, I am blessed with a ton of awesome photos of my kid and all our friends (but let's be honest - they're mostly of my adorable daughter).

My photography friend recently had some of her photos printed for her portfolio and gave me some of the extras ones of Miss Monkey. She had two sizes, and I (stupidly) chose the 5x7s. I loved how they looked in the 5x7, but did not think about the time and effort it would take to find a photo collage frame for 9 5x7 photos.

I looked at all my usual places - nothing. I looked at Amazon.com - nothing. They had some adorable (and reasonably priced!) ones for 4x6s, but I couldn't find anything I liked for 5x7s.

I finally looked at the web site for Michael's and found the perfect frame I was looking for! The web site mentioned that it was a custom order frame, so I was slightly dreading finding out the price. However, it was the only frame that not only looked decent, but was exactly what I was looking for.



So Miss Monkey and I went to Michael's today to see how much I was going to have to shell out for this frame, and instead of having to "custom order" it from the framing counter, I found a ton of them on the shelves with all the regular frames. Not only were there a ton of them, but they were only $39.99! That is dirt cheap in the land of large frames. I must have turned it over and over again for several minutes trying to figure out what exactly was wrong with it.

After determining that there was no sane reason why it was so cheap, I took it up to the counter and started to check out. The cashier scanned the frame and looked surprised for a minute. I was expecting her to tell me that the wrong price tag was on it, but instead she informed me that there was a buy one, get one sale on that particular item and that I should go back and grab another one!

I think we both looked at each other in disbelief and shock.

The shock quickly wore off and I grabbed Miss Monkey out of the cart and practically ran back to the framing department where I quickly picked out an identical one and ran back to the front so I could make it out of the store before they discovered their computer made some sort of mistake. One Miss Monkey and I were out in the car, I took a deep breath and started doing my happy bargain dance. Believe me - the happy bargain dance is as lame as it sounds. Picture the cabbage patch and disco all rolled into one.

I've got one of the frames fill and despite breaking one of the panes of glass (which seems to ALWAYS happen to me! Luckily this one is only 5x7 and not custom dimensions, so it'll be easy to replace.), the frame turned out gorgeous.

Now I just need to find a theme of 9 more photos to fill my other free frame. It's going to be a long night.

-----------------------------

♥ Best Moments of the Day ♥

- I have enough time to do a Best Moments of the Day section! I totally forgot about it last night, and the night before the best moment of my day was climbing into bed after suffering through a stuffy head.

- Buy one, get one deal on the picture frame! I am SUPER stoked about that. Not sure I mentioned it enough.

- Miss Monkey was a very good girl when we were running errands for most of the day. It's nice now that she's getting older and I'm able to distract her a lot more. Or maybe I'm just better at planning which errands to do before nap and which ones to do after nap.

- Phở for dinner! J picked up the yummy Vietnamese noodle soup that we oh-so-love for dinner, especially when we're sick. I'm so lucky to live in a place where there is practically a phở restaurant on every other corner.

- I am doing awesome on my NaBloPoMo! I need to stop leaving it until the last minute, though, so maybe I can start including some pictures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment